Approval & Process
Approval & Process Adopted for Quality Assurance
- Approved by Power Grid Corporation Ltd.
- Approved by ASRTU for Spring steel quality of flats.
- Approved by BIS for IS 2062 (Structural steel).
- System Certification by TUV SUD for ISO 9001: 2008
RAW MATERIAL :
- Visual Inspection for any surface defects.
- Swing Grinders for dressing and cleaning of Billet surface before taking it for rolling.
- Billet cutting into required length by Gas/Chisel.
- Random sampling for chemical composition either by wet or spectro analysis.
- 100% test by Meta scope for detection of any mix up in grades.
- Heat wise/Grade wise stacking & charging of Billets in furnace with separators
PROCESS INSPECTION :
- Dimensional checks during process with go-nogo gauges.
- Radius gauges for ascertaining Toe / Root radius.
- Acid etching for checking surface condition of rolled Products.
- Temperature Monitoring both through Optical pyrometer and Thermocouple installed in furnace for correct
rolling and finishing temperature.
- Hardness check of the rolled product.
- Heat wise stacking of rolled products for further visual inspection & tests.
- PLC controls for correct individual drives.
- PLC controls/optical pyrometer for Furnace temperatures.
- Filler gauges, dip-gauges for setting Roll assembly.
- Measuring instruments like Vernier Calipers and Micrometer to check product dimension of
- Light indicators for clearance from QC regarding quality confirmation.
- Smooth Cooling bed operation to avoid bend pieces.
- On-line straightening of rolled products.
- Cutting through flying shear/rotary shear and mechanical shear to get required specific length.
FINISHED GOODS (VISUAL, DIMENSION & TESTS)
- Use of Cold gauges, Vernier caliper, micrometer & radius gauges for dimensional checks.
- Brinell’s Hardness testing machine for hardness test in SS flats/Alloy Steel.
- Piece by piece, Visual inspection for 100% of Rolled products.
- 100% spark test and through Meta scope to ensure NO-MIX ups.
- Tensile test, Bend test, Re-bend test, Ring test wherever necessary through UTM.
- Grain size, Inclusion rating and Decarb depth through Microscope for SS & Alloy steel products.
- Identification of Conforming and Non- conforming products by designated color code. Heat wise bundling
& stacking at identified locations.
- Each bundles/lot is identified by grade, size and heat nos.